Monday, November 17, 2008

PLN11-- change

For my eleventh PLN I’m just going to talk about the word “change”. Both of our past running candidates talked about change in their speeches. Obama did win in the long run and he seemed to be bigger on the whole “change” idea. You can find this basically anywhere on the web. The things both candidates talked about were big goals they wanted to change. What they both said relates to everybody, it will change American lifestyle and also our relationship with other countries. For me though, I thought both of them skipped a step and moved on to bigger things but forgot the foundation to them. I think that as a leader you need to be a good role model. Both candidates were digging up dirt on each other, and spilling it to the press. To me, that’s not what a leader should do. We, the people of America, look up to them, what if we started digging dirt up on each other? What kind of nation would that make us? Also before big things are changed we need to pull together as a nation. We are so broken and messed up that we need to look at the little things that could make us stronger in the end, and then look at the bigger things. Some things that I think need to be changed are the veterans living on the street, the hungry, and the people who are struggling to make it somewhere in life. How can we live in the richest country in the world but many people can’t afford to feed their families, and many people are sleeping in boxes? How come we send our brothers and sisters away to war, and they come home with a pat on the back then are left and forgotten? These are the things that matter the most to me that I think need to be changed. If this ever does happen I think it will make the world a better place. Other nations look up to our government; if we can set a good example like that they will follow. This is what change means to me; and how it could affect the world.

No comments: